Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I took a friend to visit Landon today.....and I was struck by the beauty of the cemetery. Which totally sounds weird and a bit morbid. But Landon's spot is right by the walking path and there is a creek nearby that you can hear flowing....and the grass is so green....everything looks new and fresh. As I breathed in the the fresh air I knew that this is my year to start over....to have new things come my way. I just need to be open and not afraid to try and experience news things. I mean what is the worst that can happen? I have already suffered one of the greatest tradgedies, burying a child, and you know what? I fought my way out of despair and found my way back to the land of the living. Sure I will never be the same...but maybe that is a good thing. I have grown and matured from losing my son. I appreciate and value my loved ones more. I am so lucky and so blessed to have so many people that love me and love Landon. His angelversary is coming up in a couple of months and I want to make it my goal to celebrate his life...and to celebrate and thank him for the gift he has been to me. That little boy has taught me more about life than some of the living have! He truly is...and was my beautiful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment